Prefabs & Entities
This page details information regarding prefabs and entities useful for cinematic purposes.
Below are cinematic prefabs which can be used in custom maps.
Cine lights help add and shape light in your scene. There are three types of cine lights that can be added:
- Spot lights - high intensity, long range directional lights that produce harsh shadows
- Point lights - low intensity, short range omni-directional lights that produce soft shadows
- Three point lights - a cluster of three low intensity lights meant to light a small area from multiple angles
Additionally, lights can have different colors:
- Cool - A more natural white with a slightly bluish hue
- Warm - A more orange tinted white
- Green - A green light, only available as a point light
- Red - A red light, only available as a point light
Below is a full list of the current available cine lights that can be spawned:
cinelight_spot_white does not spawn an actual spotlight. Rather, it is a zero intensity light that looks like a light in the scene but adds no additional light to the scene.
Lights can be spawned with the
spawn command and removed with the
ent kill command while looking directly at the light. For faster spawning, the prefix
cinelight_ can be omitted when spawning lights.
When spawning point and spot lights, they must be affixed to a surface. Point and spot lights will spawn on the first collision surface in your character's line of sight.
When spawning three point lights, they spawn a bit above whatever point on the ground or other horizontal surface your character is looking at. If you are looking at a ceiling, the lights will spawn above the ceiling looking down at it.
Point and spot lights can be stacked in very close proximity to each other. This is especially useful for point lights as they are low-intensity lights. You can stack as many as necessary to get the desired level of lighting in your scene.
Modular car presets make it easier for server owners to instantly spawn a working vehicle for each of the 3 available chassis sizes. These car presets come spawned with tier 3 engine components and max fuel.
Spawn a modular car preset using the command
spawn car_2mod_01 or
spawn car_3mod_01 or
spawn car_4mod_01 - replace the last double digit number for a different vehicle configuration.
Below is a full list of the current available modular car presets, each with different configurations: