Garry's Mod Wiki
Welcome to the Garry's Mod Wiki.
Here you will find tutorials, resources and documentation about Garry's Mod and its Lua API.
The wiki is a public resource and maintained by Facepunch and the community. Want to make your own changes to the wiki? Check out the Contributing section below.
The Garry's Mod Lua Source Code is available on GitHub.
To report bugs please visit the Garry's Mod Issue tracker.
To request features please visit the Garry's Mod Request tracker.
Please check these links before contributing to the wiki:
Read this if you want to start with Lua:
- Official Reference Manual (5.1) - This is the version Garry's Mod utilizes.
- Programming in Lua Book
- Lua-Users.org Lua Tutorial
- Programming Gems - Book Sample
- Learn X in Y minutes - Lua
- Lua Editors - A list of IDEs, text editors and plugins to assist with GLua development
- GLua Docs - Alternative website for this wiki, could be outdated
- Updating Scripts From GMod 12 to GMod 13
- YouTube Tutorials