Please see Crash Reporting.
If your computer can't handle Garry's Mod, things will often be slow. Alternatively, you might have spawned a lot of props or constraints or installed too many addons. Try removing some and see if that speeds things up. Turning off other programs while playing can also help.
Graphical glitches can be caused by addons, so try disabling all of them and trying again in singleplayer.
If that does not solve the issue, your graphics card may either be overheating or failing. Let your PC cool down. If your graphics card isn't overheating, it could be failing and need to be replaced.
- Right click on the left of the Q menu and create a new category.
- Right click on the newly created category, from here you can rename it, change its icon, or delete it. You can also create more categories within it.
- Once you name your category, click the save button at the top.
- From there, you find the props you would like to add into the category, select them by click-dragging over them, and then drag them into it. You need to drag them over the category name, and then to the right into the spawnicon area.
- To add headers into your list, right click on the category name (or click that little [...] icon on the bottom) and click edit, then click and drag the icon into your list. Double click it to rename it.
- Make sure to click again when you are satisfied.
- Don't forget to save your changes!
If you're seeing black and purple, you are missing the texture for a certain object or part of the map. The big red error signs are the Source Engine's way of telling you that you are missing a game model.
Both issues can be caused by faulty installations, failed downloads of addons or games, or simply missing certain addons or mountable games that the map or the server is using that you do not have. Validating your game installation (and any mountable games) can fix this issue sometimes.
- Open up your steam library (where you view your games).
- Right click on the game that you want to verify and click
- Click on the
LOCAL FILEStab, in there click on the button
VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE....
- Wait for it to finish validating the steam files.
- Once finished with the validation process, Steam may redownload some files for the game.
- Once the download is finished, you are done!
Your addon may have been copied from Garry's Mod 12 to 13. It is most likely now incompatible. Garry's Mod 13 introduced a massive number of changes, most of which render addons created for Garry's Mod 12 incompatible with 13. Please make sure your addon is up to date.
You should report these errors to the developer of the addon, along with any information you can provide to help recreate the errors. This will help the developer fix the errors. Do not ask developers of Garry's Mod to fix errors with addons, as they did not create said addons and therefore have no power over fixing them.
Sometimes an update to Garry's Mod can cause addons to break. Developers of Garry's Mod may provide a fix for this, but otherwise it is up to the developer to fix the addon, especially if the addon was improperly coded in the first place.
Some addons are only available in English. Alternatively, if you can provide a better translation, visit http://translate.garrysmod.com/.